Friday, August 25, 2006

arrrrrrrghhhhhhh!

I think it's disingenuous to proclaim that pro-choicers are all pro-abortion. I believe that whether or not someone believes that abortion is the right choice, everyone should make the decision for themselves, with the help of their physician, clergy, or family. Making it harder to procure legally will only result in more dangerous procedures.
Plan B. is a fantastic option for people who've been raped, or those whose Plan A birth control has failed. The miniscule chance that it prevents implantation of a zygote is beside the point. The main purpose is to prevent fertilization, which prevents abortion, which is what the pro-lifers say they want...so why all the fighting?
I feel like the pro-life side really just wants everyone to stop having sex without actively trying to conceive a child. Determining for another person what their motivation for sex should be is ridiculous in the extreme.
If someone's issue is the murder of a child, then keep it to that, and support birth control. Birth control such as a condom and spermicide prevents abortions too! Education prevents abortion. Actually, in countries like the Netherlands where sex education and abortion are easily come by, the rate of abortion is only 8% of pregnancies, compared to what...50% here in the US?
If a pro-lifer is against the murder of children, then he or she should stop opposing the use of birth control.

--
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

3 comments:

  1. "Actually, in countries like the Netherlands where sex education and abortion are easily come by, the rate of abortion is only 8% of pregnancies, compared to what...50% here in the US"

    Being Dutch I know this to be true; I've been 8% aborted myself. :<

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always knew there was something odd about you Michiel...Now we know!

    So uh...which parts are left?

    ReplyDelete

You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.