Tuesday, August 08, 2006

real response!

Today's post on the Raving Atheist talks about the death penalty. Dawn from the Dawn Patrol reposted it on her site because they are new buddies since he's anti-choice and she's heavy-duty Catholic. My problem with this? Dawn's commenters say they revere "all life" and then talk about how cool it is to kill prisoners in the next breath. Hypocritical asswipes. I responded in Dawn's comments and she'll probably "edit" me so I'm putting this here. because I can. dammit. =P
 

I am saddened by the hypocrisy of the pro-lifer agenda. How is it all right to call all life precious, and then support a death penalty? Also, there is no difference between a fetus made from consenting adults vs. forced rape, so why make any exceptions in abortion law? Life is life, and when pro-lifers say there should be exceptions besides those to save the mother just chaps me.

I'm pro-choice because I believe in the rights of the individual, not because of the subjective value of life. (I say subjective because religious and non-religious types will never agree.)

I do not support the death penalty because I believe the system is broken and there are too few cases where death row inmates had proper legal representation. Personally I could care less if rapists and murderers die...but we need to fix the system, so until then I will oppose the death penalty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.