People are willing to do anything to preserve the right to have sex whenever they want to! It's not up to anyone except an individual and that individual's partner whether they will have sex, and anyone who gets nosy about anyone else's bedroom is overstepping in a BIG way.
I can see where religious folk don't think people "ought to," but unless again, that individual and that individual's partner are saying it about themselves, then it's entirely none of anyone else's business when and where and IF they "get busy."
Criminalizing family planning because someone doesn't like sex is not the answer! I used to think it was about "Life" but after some time around the pro-lifers I have seriously come to doubt that. I wish there were better arguments so I could come to a better understanding, but that has not been the case. Even with birth control that does not have an "abortafacient" effect, I've learned that so many pro-lifers are still looking to turn non-breeders into criminals and outcasts. I'm very disappointed with the majority of points of view I've seen. I am a very open person and have really tried to come to some understanding but apparently (so far) it's been all about vilifying anyone who does not support the religious agenda. This makes me very sad, and I'm not being dramatic or sarcastic. It really makes me fear for our divided nation.
My Linguistic Profile is
ReplyDelete45% General Canadian English
30% Upper Class Twit
10% Incomprehensible
5% Cockney Slang
5% Upper Midwestern
I am sorry that your country is so polarized. It is amazing how Left and Right it is ..atleast according to the media.
It took centuries to get the church out of the bedroom and they still won't leave...they need a guaranteed supply of fresh faces.
I have to believe that science, common sense and education will continue to chip away at this thought control until the boudoir is strictly verboten to the pharisees!
Hopefully in my lifetime.
Only 10% Incomprehensible? Then you need another Gin & Tonic. That will probably add to the 30% Upper Class Twit, but you can subtract it again if you enter the contest and run yourself over with your own car. That will be something I want video on. =)
ReplyDeleteScience, common sense, and education. Amen, brother...oh wait. =P