Wednesday, August 02, 2006

still angry

And no, it's not because I need Midol. I'm not a huge fan of the patriarchal view of women's emotions being labeled as "hysterical." I hear the news and want to scream, or cry, or throw up in the general direction of the fucktards who run the country(world). So there are people now who say that the massacre in Q'ana was justified and the 30+ children who were murdered by Israel on Sunday deserved to die because it's war time and there are no innocents during war time.
I watched Al Jazeera yesterday for an hour and it was almost too much to take. There was a child who had lost her entire family to the shelling and she was interviewed. What did she have to say? "All my family are dead, and it's your fault, Condoleeza Rice!" This girl couldn't have been older than twelve, and already she's learning to hate the US.

Along with this subject I have to comment about those who say that one has to support Israel or Hezbollah, and there is no middle ground. Well how about I don't support either, and I think they are all fucking crazy?? My tax dollars go to Israel every year. Why can't the US exert a little force in the area of a cease fire? I'll tell you why. The current administration wants Iran on the chopping block, and they can't get it there without serious bloodshed occurring so they can blame Iran. Oh, and Syria, don't forget about them.

So the UN Peacekeepers got shot at, and Kofi said they won't go back until there is a cease fire. So the US will keep the cease fire from happening so they can keep the UN out of it. Oh man, that is a whole nuther can of worms and I could go on for days about the underhanded tactics going on in our government.

But now I have to go get some Geek Lunch with a chaser of Midol. =P
--
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.