Monday, August 28, 2006

death march

It never seemed such a short walk before. Twelve feet from my bedroom to the bathroom - who knew I'd not be able to make it? Friday night was just intense. I had severe abdominal pain and tried to get to the bathroom, and completely lost control of my senses. The room was spinning uncontrollably, and I lost my ability to walk, or stand, or do anything but lie there and die. I called for my honey to wake up and help me, and he managed to get me back to the bed. The next 8 hours was a dark nightmare of pain and thoughts of death. I didn't even think I was afraid to die after the last time, but I was wrong. I was terrified by the way I was blind and spinning for so long, and my guts were on fire. On the pain scale it went to eleven, and it didn't stop. I had to get up to use the bathroom a few times and it was like being on a really bad LSD trip. Pain and spinning and blindness, and didn't know where or who I was. I did pass out a few times, and eventually in the wee hours of morning I was able to sleep.
Saturday I stuck to liquids (sips of water) and Sunday it was more of the same, plus some soups. I also rested a LOT. I played lots of Civ 4 Warlords (the new expansion) and watched 8 episodes of Quantum Leap Season Two.
I missed a lot, including my volunteering at the Farmer's Market, the Nazi protest at the capitol, and canvassing for Fair Wisconsin (same-sex marriage) against the ban.
My sweetie deserves a medal. I know I was shrieking in pain and disorientation, and as terrified as I was I know he had to have been as well. This for HOURS.
I'm doing better today, but I'm keeping it to super-soft foods and liquids. I really want to be able to travel to San Diego on Saturday to see the folks.

6 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better to the point of very best verrah soon, and give Bill a big "Woohoo!" for me (remember to wave your arms in the air when you do so). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. *hugs* I definitely will do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Extra-super-duper-cuddly-wuddly hugs for you and sincere appreciation for the care-takin' Mr. Bill! I'm soooo sorry ya have to endure this pain-crap, ShellA. :-( Long distance happy, good-health vibes comin' your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankee Ms.KittA! I needs the vibes, I does.
    OH! Not those kind of vibes. Sorry!!

    /chuckle

    I'll take whatever good vibes I can get, especially wonderful ones from my chi-town chiquita!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! Sorry I am so late...Geez what is up with that. Wow you are lucky to have such a great guy.

    Get better grrrl! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you H.E.! I'm doing a lot better, although I have dropped seven pounds since this whole thing started. Once I am on solids again I'll have more strength to properly thank my honeybunches! /tee hee

    =) A week in San Diego starting this Saturday isn't going to hurt my recovery either!

    ReplyDelete

You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.