Tuesday, June 07, 2005

boating liberally

Mood: Impatient
Music: nothing...can't decide between ben folds and the white stripes.

So I was diggin on this whole idea of boating on Lake Mendota. I wasn't too worried about feeling seasick, and I had little to worry bout anyhow since "Interfering Bitch" (we'll just call him...oh...Bill I guess) decided to kill himself biking in the heat to go pick up seasick wristbands for me. I didn't need them, which was a relief. I just enjoyed every moment out there on the big, blue, moving, rocking, side-to-side...oh god I'm gonna hurl...

**interlude in the key of D....talk amongst yourselves...no big whoop.**

Ok. Whew. Recovered. hehehe. It was fine. It was awesome...I loved the wind in my face, the cool breeze off the water, the people I was with, and the icy Cold One in my hand. I was so goddamn impressed with everyone who fearlessly dived into the lake! Daryl has the cutest little boat with really comfy seats in front so I could hang out and enjoy the scenery. It was a great ending to a really hot and shitty day.

So I'm getting emails from folks who apparently think there might be hijinks ensuing with one of our friends and myself...and I'd have to say there are plenty of hijinks ensuing. You just won't read about it here! =)

Oh...and let me tell you about my hot and shitty day. Oven temperature to 400f. I wanted to have my sunroof open but as I was roasting already I didn't see how sunstroke was going to help me much. I had so much to do with work that I felt really rushed, and before I knew it the time was gone, I had been fairly productive but I still have deadlines I'm failing to meet. I'm not the only one so it's not horrible...but if I didn't have so much to do I'd want to spend all my time on the jetty rocks in Tenney Park, feeling the splashing water and watching psycho ducks dive bombing each other.
Back to me. Me. Me!! Gah...that felt entirely too good. *bad shelley.*
I had to take Sheila to an appointment, and that was fine except she was in quite a mood and never stopped yelling "Jeopardy!" the entire time. We had to go there in the massive heat, wait around forever, do our thing, then head back OUT in the heat, and she was wandering all over, talking to people, not responding to cues at ALL...basically driving me a little nuts. Now, I love Sheila. She makes me really happy to be working in this field, and she and I always have a good time together. It...was...just...the goddamn HEAT...and she's obsessing on rolling all the windows up and not letting me out of the car because my windows aren't up, and then she just digs in her heels and won't move an inch.
Me: Fine, Sheila....they're UP now can we pleaaaaaaase go??
Her: "Jeopardy!!"
Wow. I just get off on these deep conversations with mentally retarded adults. Makes my freakin day, when it's in 90 degree weather.

After I got her home, she headed off with a friend so it was just her staff and me. Marissa had been cooking for hours anticipating my visit. So when Bill called and I knew I was due for the Tuesday thing, and then Dory called and said when she and Daryl would be there with the boat, I was really itching to get out of there quick. Did I mention Marissa cooked for hours anticipating my visit?? So we had this great dinner of Mexican soup with rice and tortillas and horchata (she MADE goddamn horchata, I love this woman), then I busted out and made my way to the lake.
There were only 2 emergencies and 5 phone calls before I saw Bill biking by and honked him down (I think this is becoming a theme after last week's impromptu picnic when I chased him down in my honda like a black widow stalking her...oh wait that is SUCH a terrible analogy for so many reasons...), and I had to take my on-call bag on the boat. All was quiet after that.

I'm *so* gonna dig going boating again. Especially now that I know I'm totally fine on the water. Not one heave. Not one hurl. Not one uh...well you get the drift. Get it? the ....drift? Ok! Blog Called due to Lame!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.