i don't think I've had a better night in quite some time. I was invited over to the party pad by my good friend ellie, so of course I went. I'm in total awe of this woman, lemme just get that out of the way. I was raised to respect musical talent, but that just ain't it. I've now seen her woman parts twice, but that just ain't it either. There's something about the way she makes me feel welcome. No pretense, no Madison phony "I'll messenger you" ala Coupling where you know you could get hit by a bus and someone would only associate with that if there was a chance they could get quoted in the paper. She's just Real, and that's so fucking rare.
There was damn fine musica, damn fine bebidas, and damn fine amigos(and one damn fine amante, let's not forget that). I guess I could say it was just band practice, but sitting outside, listening to everyone play with such talent and heart just warmed me inside. It's one of those turning points where I wondered just where the fuck have these people been all my life? It also brings to mind the question of just what have I done to deserve being there? That brings me back to ellie and her hospitality. Unexpected, undeserved, and hellaciously awesome.
Hear, hear. You really can't beat their place and their company for a warm and welcome environment.
ReplyDeleteYep yep - they rock ovah there. =) Damn fine people, all of em.
ReplyDeleteSorry I missed it...I usually show up for the music and company, but stay for the woman parts.
ReplyDelete:D
ReplyDeleteSunray just cracked me up. :D
i read your profile. i also like james taylor's music :-)
ReplyDelete