Wednesday, June 01, 2005

go mallards!

Tonight was fun. Judith and John invited me out with them and their friends to the mallards game and the tailgate beforehand. This is new completely, since I am not into sports, and have never before tailgated. I would like to do more new things with my life, so I said "yes!" emphatically and joined them.
I was trying to be mellow but I spent the entire afternoon with Ida at Stoughton Hospital and that just soured me. We waited almost an hour and a half for our appointment, and then the doctor just goes on about stupid things, inciting Ida to yelling at him. He had the temerity to ask her if she believes in God, which in my opinion is completely beside the point at a hospital(!) but in Ida's case, causes her to become very upset. She's pissed off at the Big Guy because her favorite brother died last year. She started yelling at the doctor about "why not her" and just general upset-ness. So the doctor didn't get many points for that. He then was very interested in how many tattoos I have, where I have them, how good a relationship I've got with my tattoo artist, whether my dad has anything to say about me being inked, why don't I have them on my feet since this is very popular with women nowadays, well you see my point. We waited an hour and a half so this hick could give me the third degree? Grrrrr....well I was pretty steamed and we got the fuck out of Dodge as quickly as possible.
So back to the game. After meeting up with John and Judith and friends, we did introductions. It was kind of odd...I of course had to be the only single person there. I was introduced to one woman while she breastfed her child. I'm allright with that, but I was less okay with being the odd one out. Everyone is pretty nice so that's good, but I realized my seat was rows back from the group and I'd have to sit alone. I was up there feeling like shit for awhile, when one of the group flagged me down to come and sit with them, even though there wasn't an extra seat. Talk about being the odd one out, now I'm supposed to steal someone's seat? Thank goodness someone said that as long as one person was always on a beer run we'd be good. I hate imposing on people. I can't believe I spent all this time having fun with people and I'm obsessing about seating arrangements hours later. Freakazoid, c'est moi.
Everyone started talking about going over to some people's new house or something...but it didn't seem like I was invited so I bugged out right away. I did see one of my bosses in the parking lot and chatted with him so that was pretty cool. Unlike a lot of people I know I like the people with whom I work.
I'm fairly sunburned today. I left my sunroof open and just went with it. My hair's a rat's nest, but that's another issue. I had the most awesome time just driving with the wind whipping my hair around and the radio up way too loud, and the top open so I could feel the sun.
I went to Geek Lunch at the Harmony Bar...which was another new thing for me to experience this week. I'm at my limit I believe. I don't want to be too overwhelmed with new stuff then get let down when life is boring again. Madison is still exciting for me because I have so much left to discover. I'm kind of bummed that I have nobody to date but I'm very much surrounded by friends so I can deal. Wow...started to ramble.
So Harmony Bar! Very cool place, and I had a great time with the Geeks. We debated Star Wars, which can always be a fun thing. I think I outgeeked some of the people but everyone is so cool that I'm allright with looking like a fool because I'm seriously into Wookie BowCasters. Somehow I was able to ignore the entire fight scene on the Wookie home world because I was just way into checking out those weapons.
Allright. I'll sign this rant off, since I've gotten onto the page whatever I needed to.

1 comment:

  1. You should get tattoos of wookie bowcasters on your feet. :O ;)

    ReplyDelete

You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.