Thursday, June 23, 2005

oh, of ALL the lame...

From NARAL Pro-Choice America:
"As many as 20 states permit pharmacists to refuse to fill women's prescriptions for birth control, including emergency contraception or the "morning-after" pill. Some examples are below:
  • Arkansas has a law that explicitly allows pharmacists to refuse to dispense birth control.
  • Georgia, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, North Carolina and South Dakota have laws that explicitly allow pharmacists to refuse to dispense a broad range of drugs and/or family planning services.
  • Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Minnesota, New York, Oregon, Tennessee, West Virginia and Wisconsin have refusal laws that are specific to birth control and/or family planning services, and are broad enough to include pharmacists.
  • California, Hawaii, Maine, New Mexico and Washington have refusal laws that are not specific to pharmacists or birth control, but are broad enough to include both."
...such utter crap. These people aren't even making SENSE now. Apparently "Pharmacists for Life" are bringing back the phrase "Radical Feminazis" when referring to women of all ages, races, creeds, and orientation who would like to have their prescriptions filled. So many women use oral contraceptives as a way to regulate their cycle, reduce symptoms (pain) associated with interstitial cystitis, endometriosis, and to help with other problems they're having that are ovary-related. One pharmacist was quoted as "coaching" women by asking them when they're going to get off the pill.
Oh this just chaps my ass. These holier-than-thou idiots are also making a huge stink about providing emergency contraceptives to rape victims by saying they are killing an embryo by using the drug. Well, dumb-ASS, emergency contraception doesn't work on an already-pregnant person. I thought pharmacists were supposed to know a thing or two about what medications do and don't do?
I've always asked pharmacists to explain prescriptions I didn't understand, or about side-effects . I only ever had problems when I was using the Nuva-ring for contraception, and only because it was so new at that point the pharmacist (80 years old if he was a day) didn't know it was supposed to be refrigerated. I was only on it briefly, but who knows how effective it would have been in the long run with the pharmacy not knowing how to store it? Actually- along with the migraines and joint pain, my skin was never clearer!! ;-) Worth it? Hmmm...lemme think.
At least I never got hassled by "the man" the one time I had to use emergency contraception pills. It was bad enough sitting at the clinic waiting to ask for the prescription. I'm the most careful person about birth control, and the *one* time I end up on the wrong end of a defective condom...Sheesh. I felt almost like a criminal, or like being pulled in before the principal to be lectured for sticking gum under the desk(which I have never done, for the record...it was an example!).
Anyhoo, I can-not imagine how I would have felt to be refused the pills. I was freaking out enough already. I didn't even have the trauma that a rape victim would already be feeling.
I would hope this country doesn't revert back to it's old ways and make contraceptives harder to get. What the FUCK don't these right-to-lifers understand about PREVENTING fucking abortions by USING FUCKING BIRTH CONTROL??????!!!!!!!!

*breathe*

Ok. I realize it's not about unborn babies, but instead about controlling women, and keeping us down where we can be under someone's foot on the back of our neck. All of this shit begins at the homes of men with very small dicks who have something to prove, and some woman to blame. Ok, not some woman, but Hillary. Blame Hillary, and your penis will grow. Here, have some goddamn -->pills that the pharmacist doesn't mind dispensing and shut the fuck up already!!

Ack. Perhaps it's time I went to the gym...

3 comments:

  1. That's... Just... Surreal... Seriously, you keep informing me like this and I may have to give up on ever wanting to visit you there. *lol*

    It's about time Canada invades you. :O

    And if they don't you can always move here, to The Netherlands. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every country has their problems- besides, if I didn't have a cause to fight for, how boring would my life be? Ok, even if I didn't have the Cause...my life's pretty goddamn good.
    And you *have* to come visit me, I've got that nice bar for you to sleep on. I may even move the alcohol bottles out of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll find other things to keep you busy in The United States of Utopia. ;)

    Why do you want to move the alcohol away from me? :(

    ReplyDelete

You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.